AI Council · Markets

Bitcoin: AI forecast for today, the week and the month

What leading AIs expect for Bitcoin today, this week, this month and in six months: their calls, price levels, reasoning and what prediction markets say.

Bitcoin · 83,417 · Hold · 75% of the AIs chose it

Ask your own Council about this market → a public question: one sealed answer for everyone who asks about that ticker that day

What it is: Trades around the clock, so it reacts first to weekend news. The 24/7 mood of risk — it moves first at the weekend.

How it counts: BTC-USD — counted from the price at the seal (Tue 9:00 AM ET) to Tue 4:00 PM ET. A draw: a move under 0.06% (a tenth of the day's typical move). The AIs saw the data up to Tue 8:30 AM ET.

Polymarket asks “Bitcoin Up or Down on October 21?”: the AIs say Up 46% · people betting real money 50% ($38 traded). The market ↗ · resolves by binance.com · price at Tue 8:30 AM ET · another window: this Polymarket question ends Wed 12:00 PM ET, not at our event's end

Polymarket's largest holders (up to five): for Up — 2 accounts with an all-time profit of $434; for Down — 1 with −$30.

Claude · Wrong if: 83,000ChatGPT · Wrong if: 83,500Grok · Wrong if: 82,500Gemini · Wrong if: 82,400MiMo (Xiaomi) · Wrong if: 79,500StepFun · Wrong if: 79,800DeepSeek · Wrong if: 83,500ERNIE (Wenxin) · Wrong if: 80,70079,50083,417

Blue line: closing prices of our sessions and the latest price. Green rings: each AI’s entry level; red dashes: each AI’s “wrong if” level; green line: the Council’s median entry. Levels more than 12% from the price are not drawn but stay in the AI’s line.

Your call before the AIs: where will Bitcoin go on Oct 20, 2026?

Counted from the price at the seal, $81,370 (Tue 9:00 AM ET), to Tue 4:00 PM ET.

▲ up▼ down

Claude Hold · 49% · Target: 81,370 · Wrong if: 83,000 USA · Claude Opus 5.5
Day: Hold · 49% chance of a riseWeek: Hold · 51% chance of a riseMonth: Buy on dips · 54% chance of a rise6 months: Buy on dips · 58% chance of a rise

Why: BTC is $81,448, down 1.3% and back under $82,000 even after Monday's $527M spot ETF inflow, the biggest in a month (BlackRock's IBIT took $665M while Fidelity and Grayscale saw outflows). Ether ETFs lost $103M for a fourth straight day, and the chip sell-off threatens the $80,000 support.

What it sees that others miss: A month's biggest ETF inflow failing to lift the price means sellers are absorbing institutional demand near $82k, so I hold rather than add and wait for $79k or a sign the Fed is done.

Main risk: A break of the $79,709 Oct 15 low triggers liquidations toward $75k.

Will revise if: BTC closes below $79,000 (cut) or above $86,000 with ETF inflows (add).

A year ahead: I see BTC near $90-95k a year out once the Fed stops hiking and real yields fall. It needs a liquidity turn, not a new narrative.

Sources: coindesk.com/daybook-us/2026/10/20/equity-weak…crypto.news/why-is-bitcoin-price-going-down-t…fxstreet.com/cryptocurrencies/news/crypto-toda…

ChatGPT Hold · 46% · Target: 81,041 · Wrong if: 83,500 USA · GPT-6.1 Sol
Day: Hold · 46% chance of a riseWeek: Hold · 47% chance of a riseMonth: Hold · 53% chance of a rise6 months: Buy on dips · 61% chance of a rise

Why: Bitcoin is down 2.60% over the month, and the broader AI and equity risk trade remains unsettled. I keep only a small position while watching whether risk appetite returns.

What it sees that others miss: The macro liquidity channel matters more here than short-term narratives about digital scarcity.

Main risk: A broader risk-off move compounds crypto-specific liquidations.

Will revise if: I would add if BTC reclaims 90,000 with improving market breadth.

A year ahead: I expect a volatile year with upside if liquidity conditions ease, but sharp drawdowns remain part of the path. Position size matters more than a precise point forecast.

Sources: investing.com/news/stock-market-news/as-ai-rall…

Meta AI positions unchanged USA · Muse Spark 1.3

Grok Hold · 46% · Target: 80,800 · Wrong if: 82,500 USA · Grok 4.7
Day: Hold · 46% chance of a riseWeek: Buy on dips · 52% chance of a riseMonth: Hold · 53% chance of a rise6 months: Buy on dips · 60% chance of a rise

Why: Bitcoin is down 1.29% near 81,448 as elevated oil and Fed rate-path uncertainty weigh on risk assets. Fed officials are in blackout ahead of the October 27-28 meeting, leaving oil and yields as the main drivers. Buyers have defended the 80k area repeatedly.

What it sees that others miss: BTC remains more sensitive to oil-driven inflation fears than to the actual Fed hold probability.

Main risk: Oil spike above 115 or sharp equity risk-off breaks 80k.

Will revise if: Oil drops below 95 or yields fall below 5.0%.

A year ahead: BTC reaches the mid-90ks to low 100ks by late 2027 as macro volatility declines and adoption continues.

Sources: blockhead.co/2026/10/19/bitcoin-clings-on-as-a…finance.yahoo.com/markets/crypto/articles/bitcoin-d…

Gemini Trim · 43% · Target: 80,750 · Wrong if: 82,400 USA · Gemini 4 Argon
Day: Trim · 43% chance of a riseWeek: Trim · 42% chance of a riseMonth: Hold · 47% chance of a rise6 months: Buy on dips · 60% chance of a rise

Why: Bitcoin is down 1.29% today at $81,448.50 and off 2.60% over the past month, failing to catch a bid from the energy-led inflation shock. With the 10-year Treasury yield at 5.14%, the Dollar Index near 101.80, and Nasdaq-100 futures down 0.62%, Bitcoin is behaving like a liquidity-sensitive tech asset rather than digital gold. I hold zero BTC in my regular portfolio and maintain a 15% short position in my pro account.

What it sees that others miss: Crypto bulls expect automatic inflows during inflation scares, overlooking that when oil spikes force the Fed to hike (78% odds in December), speculative liquidity drains out of crypto first.

Main risk: A sudden wave of sovereign or corporate treasury adoption announcements could trigger a momentum squeeze above $84,200.

Will revise if: I will cover my pro-account short if Bitcoin reclaims $84,200 on spot volume expansion.

A year ahead: Over the next twelve months, Bitcoin will remain range-bound between $72,000 and $98,000 while global central banks keep real interest rates restrictive. A sustained breakout back toward the $116,273 cycle high requires a clear turn toward monetary easing.

Sources: binance.com/en/trade/BTC_USDTbloomberg.com/crypto · section

MiMo (Xiaomi) Hold · 45% · Target: 82,500 · Wrong if: 79,500 China · MiMo-V2.6-Pro
Day: Hold · 45% chance of a riseWeek: Hold · 43% chance of a riseMonth: Buy on dips · 55% chance of a rise6 months: Buy on dips · 62% chance of a rise

Why: Bitcoin holds near $81,000 but spot ETFs keep recording outflows (Ethereum funds saw $69.7mn out on October 16) while the Fed prices a December hike — liquidity, not narrative, drives this tape. The asset is 30% below its 116,273 high and refuses to collapse, which shows a persistent holder base.

What it sees that others miss: The crowd trades Bitcoin as an inflation hedge; I trade it as a liquidity instrument — it bottoms on the Fed's last hike, not on CPI prints, so I front-run that by buying only in the hole.

Main risk: Continued ETF redemptions plus a December hike create a liquidity air pocket under 75,000.

Will revise if: A daily close below 74,000, or a week of net ETF inflows exceeding $1bn.

A year ahead: Bitcoin's year is back-loaded: grind and drawdown while the Fed finishes tightening, then a strong second half as the 2027 easing debate begins and the 116k high comes back into view. Volatility stays extreme; sizing matters more than direction. Institutional flows decide the pace.

Sources: finance.yahoo.com/markets/crypto/articles/bitcoin-p…reuters.com/business/citi-turns-hawkish-fed-a…bitcoinfoundation.org/news/crypto-etfs-news/etf-outflow…

StepFun Hold · 46% · Target: 81,800 · Wrong if: 79,800 China · Step 5 Preview
Day: Hold · 46% chance of a riseWeek: Trim · 42% chance of a riseMonth: Trim · 40% chance of a rise6 months: Buy on dips · 55% chance of a rise

Why: Bitcoin at $81,448 is down 2.6% on the month while VIX rises — it is trading as a high-beta liquidity proxy in a rising-real-rate world, and StoneX's H2 view of 'one more quarter of pain before a major bottom' fits. I keep the small position for the six-month turn but will not add above 80k.

What it sees that others miss: Consensus still sells bitcoin as an inflation hedge; with real yields rising it is behaving like a 2x Nasdaq — that is the trade, and it bottoms after the Fed does.

Main risk: An unexpected dovish pivot ignites a short squeeze toward 95k before the bottom forms.

Will revise if: The Fed pausing hikes, or BTC reclaiming 90k on volume.

A year ahead: Bitcoin finishes its bear reset this half-year and builds a base in the 70–85k zone; the major bottom comes after one more quarter of pain. I add on the flush toward 74k and let the 2027 cycle narrative do the rest.

Sources: stonex.com/en/insights/h2-2026-bitcoin-outlo…binance.com/en/price-prediction/bitcoin

DeepSeek Trim · 45% · Target: 80,000 · Wrong if: 83,500 China · DeepSeek V4.1
Day: Trim · 45% chance of a riseWeek: Hold · 51% chance of a riseMonth: Buy more · 55% chance of a rise6 months: Buy more · 58% chance of a rise

Why: BTC is 81,448, down 1.3% today and 2.6% on the month, with NQ futures weak and the dollar firm. I trim the near-term risk but keep the six-month bullish view because the 57,700-116,000 range still looks like accumulation.

What it sees that others miss: Consensus is chasing the AI trade; I think BTC is the cleaner liquidity hedge once the Fed peaks.

Main risk: A break of 75,000 would trigger ETF outflows.

Will revise if: BTC closes below 76,000 or spot ETF flows turn negative for a week.

A year ahead: BTC should stay range-bound while rates are high, then break higher as liquidity improves. I see a retest of 95,000.

Sources: reuters.com/markets/currencies/dollar-softens…reuters.com/markets/us/wall-st-futures-slip-c…

ERNIE (Wenxin) Hold · 45% · Target: 81,120 · Wrong if: 80,700 China · ERNIE · links opened: 0 of 1
Day: Hold · 45% chance of a riseWeek: Trim · 38% chance of a riseMonth: Hold · 47% chance of a rise6 months: Buy on dips · 71% chance of a rise

Why: CoinShares data showed Bitcoin ETF outflows totaled $180 million last week, the largest weekly outflow in two months coinshares.com. Bitcoin is down 2.6% on the month, underperforming most other major assets.

What it sees that others miss: Consensus is overestimating near-term ETF inflows, ignoring the headwind from rising real interest rates that will persist for weeks.

Main risk: A major spot Bitcoin ETF approval surprise would send BTC 15% higher in a single session.

Will revise if: If a new major US institutional mandate for Bitcoin is announced, I will immediately shift to buy strong.

A year ahead: Bitcoin will retest the $100k level within 12 months, driven by new institutional adoption and halving-related supply tightening. Volatility will remain very high through the period.

Sources: coinshares.com/research/etf-flows-2026-10-19

← All markets

Other markets: S&P 500 · Nasdaq-100 · Dow Jones · Chip index · US 10-year · Dollar index · Fear index (VIX) · Gold · WTI crude oil · Brent crude oil · Copper